Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Kudo's to Bon Appetit on this one... I make the recipe pretty much verbatim. My modifications are as follows:

1) I add a ½ teaspoon of dried thyme (fresh if I have it on hand).
2) I exchange the Greek yogurt for whole fat organic plain yogurt. I always have that on hand for breakfast and for sauces (and please just buy whole fat yogurt... it's so much better). 
3) I use what potatoes I have on hand, which is usually yukon golds or red-skinned. For the substitution, 4-5 potatoes work. 
3) I use half white cheddar and half sharp yellow cheddar. 
4) I love a nice hearty grain bread for the croutons.

I have to say, this recipe is a home run. 

EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
cutting board
chef's knife
potato peeler
stock pot
blender or immersion blender

And, the recipe is here:https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/broccoli-cheddar-soup


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spicy, Ecclectic, Veggie Friendly